For my third assignment from my New Digital Media and Social Media Class, I added two new RSS feeds to my Feedly account and created a list of New Digital Media Influencers on my Twitter.
For those of you who don’t know, RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication and its purpose is to have all the information you use in one place. In the case of Feedly, is a personalized feed that you create by adding websites or blogs. For example, you can search on Feedly the New York Times Home Page and add it to your feed.
An RSS feed is a conglomerate of all the information that the websites and/or blogs you follow may offer. It’s like News from Apple, instead of checking different newspapers in different websites, you can have them all together in one.
For this homework, I added, on my Feedly account, the list of all my classmates’ blogs from my New Digital Media and Social Media Class.
[Photo by Viviana S. Flores Rivera]
Likewise, I added a new section for my Feedly called New Media, in here I added 12 websites.
[Photo by Viviana S. Flores Rivera]
On the other hand, for my list of New Digital Media Influencers I added:
- Neil Patel – Founded Crazy Egg and HelloBar.
- Jeff Bullas – He is the go-to digital media influencer for information about thriving in a digital world. He is a Content Marketing Influencer, Social Media Marketing Strategist and Speaker.
- Rand Fishkin – Founder of Moz, a site that helps people figure out search engine optimization (SEO). He also founded SparkToro, a site that helps people how to do better marketing, specifically, with an in-development tool that helps brands figure out who their audiences are, and how to reach them.
- Avinash Kaushik – Google’s digital marketing evangelist andfounder of the blog Occam’s Razor.
- Andrew Ng – Founded Coursera, a website that offers people thousands of massive open online courses (MOOCs) at universities around the world. He is also an adjunct professor at Stanford University.
- Guy Kawasaki – Chief evangelist of Canva, a graphic design company. Former chief evangelist of Apple, a technology company that designs, develops, and sells consumer electronics, computer software, and online services.
- Jay Baer – Founder and digital media influencer for Convince and Convert, an analysis and advisory firm that provides social media strategies, content marketing and word of mouth strategy for world’s organizations and/or brands.
- Michael J. Schiemer – He’s the founder of Bootstrap Business and Frugal Fitness, two sites that help people achieve things while being on a budget.
- Satya Nadella – Microsoft Corporation CEO since 1992.
- Tamara McCleary – As a keynote speaker, she focuses on discussing what’s next in virtual reality, artificial intelligence, and augmented reality.
- Mark Schaefer – Keynote speaker, executive branding coach, marketing strategist, podcaster, author of 7 books. His most recent one is Marketing Rebellion: The Most Human Company Wins.
- Chris Ducker – Founded Youpreneur, a digital community for solopreneurs.
- Mari Smith – Expert on social media marketing, specifically, marketing and advertising on Facebook.
- Ann Handley – Chief content officer at Marketing Profs and is on a mission to help people write better.
- Amy Porterfield – Has published several training courses designed to help businesses improve their digital presence.
- Ramon Ray – Is an author, speaker, writes at Smart Hustle magazine, and creates videos all in order to help small business succeed.
- Aleyda Solis – A speaker that founded three companies, and SEO consultant. She’s a contributor to SearchEngineLand.
- Jessica Zollman – Photographer and was the fifth employee ever hired at Instagram.
- John Rampton – Entrepreneur and blogger and named a top influencer by “Forbes” and “Entrepreneur.” Tweets about what’s going on in digital media today.
- AJ Kohn – Founded Blind Five Year Old, a site that’s all about search and SEO. He is a Digital Marketer, Start-Up Advisor, Speaker and Curator.
- Brett King – Founder of Moven, a money management app. Author of Bank 4.0: Banking Everywhere, Never at a Bank.
- Dan Schawbel – is a New York Times bestselling author that has dedicated his career and has published multiple books to help people improve their careers.
- Peter Shankman – Founder of Help A Reporter Out.